.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Las Vegas Real Estate Blog

Your Las Vegas real estate information source. The latest news, new construction, scandals, additions to the strip and other Las Vegas and related information.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ordering contacts online

I'm a firm believer in buying things online. Usually I'll happily wait a few extra days for something that I could have bought locally. Generally you can get most things cheaper by doing so and very rarely have I ever had to send something back. My wife is down to her last box of contact lenses. She has been buying them from her eye doc for years and has been paying too much. I've been trying to get her to buy them elsewhere but out of loyalty she has stuck with him.

I was surfing around and found this site, contactsamerica.com. They carried her brand of Acuvue contacts, plus a bunch of other brand names for a lot less than she pays for them locally. They even have the color enhancers that will change your eye color (she doesn't need them, but they are pretty cool). I finally got her to agree to buy a box to give it a try. I think that businesses that don't change their way of doing business to incorporate the internet aren't going to be around long. The cost difference for her specific contacts is almost 2 to 1. You have to love the internet. For some things I still like to go to an actual store, but disposable items like contacts it seems that the internet is the way to go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have any problems with the contacts? I looked into it but decided to get them locally.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jade456 said...

None at all. I placed a small order at first, just to test the waters. I'll order more again from them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Listed on BlogShares
Web Directory
Add blog to our directory.