.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Las Vegas Real Estate Blog

Your Las Vegas real estate information source. The latest news, new construction, scandals, additions to the strip and other Las Vegas and related information.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wetlands fire still raging

wetland fire

Yesterday I noticed a smoking smell invading my house. At first I thought that I left a candle smouldering but as the smell grew stronger I was worried that it was something else. I walked outside and found the source of the smell right away. Apparently someone or something set the Wetland preserve next to the Sam Boyd Silverbowl on fire. The fire started yesterday and firefighters are still battling the blaze. Neighboring homes have been evacuated and the areas have been drenched with water in the hopes of sparing the homes.

So far there has been no comment on the local news as to the cause of the fire. Firefighters have estimated that 200 acres have been burned and the BLM is estimating that only five to ten percent of the fire has been contained. The picture was taken outside the front of my house, looking towards Henderson.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Ken Smith said...

Wetlands in Vegas? Don't you need rain to have wetlands?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jade456 said...

LOL. You would think Las Vegas would be the last place to have wetlands, but they are there and fed by a small spring I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Listed on BlogShares
Web Directory
Add blog to our directory.