This is up a little late, but you know how things go at the end of the year. Several of the blogs I read have put up year in review type posts, or a list of the most popular posts according to their readers for the prior year, so I thought it was a good idea and I would do the same. So here is top 10 list of the most popular posts for 2007.
1. Las Vegas to get a FTZ This post pulled the most traffic for last year and quite a few citations. The Union Park development is going full speed ahead.
2. Las Vegas Foreclosures This was post was a no-brainer to make the list, given the state of market across the country. Investors and bargain hunters have been coming out of the wood work hunting for deals.
3. O J Simpson Surprisingly this post didn't make it to number one, but then again there was a ton of media competition. O J will be going back to court this April.
4. Verge Lofts This is the latest entry into the green condo/loft market. Located in downtown Las Vegas, the project broke ground last month and Verge is reporting about 70% or so of the units have been sold.
5. Chester the Molester The predator was brought to the attention of Nye county authorities due to a video tape, showing him molesting a child. A police officer in Henderson making a routine traffic stop caught Styles. He also was listed on America's Most Wanted.
6. Commercial Real Estate in Lake Las Vegas With nothing but the gleeful reporting on local media about the doom and gloom of the real estate market, it was easy to see why this post drew so much attention. Commercial real estate has been going strong in Lake Las Vegas with some properties selling for over listing price.
7. Las Vegas is going Green The topic of going Green and green products is still red hot and with the continued rising prices of fossil fuels, saving energy and money will be a topic that is talked about for years to come.
8. Murano condo fire Murano was a condo community in Silverado Ranch. While under construction, a fire broke out threatening nearby businesses and destroying the community.
9. Another Las Vegas convention While I was at the convention center, I ran into David Caruso. He is starting his own internet media company.
10. Another Vegas Landmark Gone This was the first demolition of the year. The casualty this time was the Stardust. Sadly a piece of history destroyed (the Frontier needed to go). Members of the Rat pack, Elvis and others played there back in the day. Don Rickles closed down the main show room with its last performance.